To nurture and create balance
Oily skin can be a struggle. There is no greater (beauty) let down than starting the day with a fresh complexion that veers into oil slick territory midday. Luckily, there are a few skin care tips and tricks to keep your oily skin under control and your complexion fresh all day.
If you have oily skin, developing and sticking to a new skincare regimen that focuses on moisturizing your skin and keeping it hydrated will give you the best results.
While a morning skincare routine ensures that your skin does not suffer damage from exposure to the sun and pollutants, an evening skincare routine can help reverse the damage that may have been caused to your skin during the day.
Tips for Oily Skin:
• Look For Natural Products: When you're picking out products, make sure they are oil-free and water-based. While picking a facial cleanser, choose one that is alcohol-free. You can browse through our product range at the Secret Skin.
• Always Remove Your Makeup: Make it a rule to never go to sleep while wearing makeup. Doing so can lead to blackheads and acne, while significantly damaging your skin.
• Moisturize: Moisturizing is important even when you have oily skin, so never miss this step in your morning and evening skincare routine.
• Wash Your Face: Wash your face in the morning, evenings, and after workouts or strenuous activities that make you sweat.
• Protect Your Skin: Remember to protect your skin from radical damage, so wear sunscreen when you step outside and shield your face with a hat or an umbrella.
• Don't Over Exfoliate: Over exfoliating and scrubbing your skin too hard can strip it of its natural oils.
• Make Changes to Your Diet: Certain fruits rich in essential vitamins and minerals are also known to be useful in combating oily skin. Cucumbers have high water content and can help treat acne. Foods rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, known as the good fats, such as avocados, tuna, salmon, and certain nuts, can help treat inflammation. Eating bananas can help minimize pores, while citrus fruits such as lemons and oranges have antioxidant properties, which will give your skin a more even texture.
• Try Blotting Papers: You can use blotting papers to absorb excess oil from your face when you're on the move.
Alternatively, oily skin, surprisingly, has its benefits as well
• More resistance to the appearance of wrinkles
• Skin defense system is stronger
• Make up sits well when your skin is oily
Surprised right? Go ahead pick your best natural oil free product from the Secret Skin, hit add to cart and enjoy a glowing skin minus the oil!